My name is Aden. I am a Product Manager at Total Processing. Previously I have worked at Ideagen, Qualsys, U Account, 11:FS and HSBC. This blog is my attempt to write semi-coherently and increasingly infrequently about things.
I have also started writing weeknotes in the vain hope it will help me write more articles. So far it has not.
You can find me at these places more frequently
I am one of the organisers of ProductTank Sheffield. I also run a Twitter bot that collates Financial Technology News, @FintechBot. I also occasionally write up Futuristic Film Money examples from TV & Cinema.
Stuff I have done elsewhere that may still be available
- I spoke at the first Product People North event in Leeds. My talk was on the challenges of getting started with User Research. A couple of write ups of the event here and here
- “Well actually…” I was part of a webinar on the me too movement and Fintech. I was honoured to be the token Male guest
- Had an article published in Banking Technology (online and print). Is fintech to banking what craft ale is to brewing?
- Appeared as a host on several episodes of the Fintech Insider Podcast, most recently Episode 268 on the 28th of June 2017
- I gave a talk on art, money and banking regulations at the Site Sessions event in May 2017
- Wrote an article on the customer impact of PSD2 for 11:FS
- I also wrote a post for 11:FS on the bizarre employment of Will.i.am by Atom Bank
- An article of mine recently published by Finextra. In praise of fantastic plastic
- An interview with me by Stessa Cohen of Gartner on the UX Crunch blog
- An interview with my Fintechbot on Irish Tech news
- May 2016 I did a Pecha Kucha at ustwo Fintech Talkies. Slides.
- in 2013 I presented at the Payments Knowledge Forum. Slides.
- I also spoke on panels at Social Media Week London and for the CSFI (Centre for the Study of Financial Innovation)
- Further in the past I have spoken about banking technology and disruption at Ignite London 4. Video. Slides.
- I also said some things on similar topics in the lovely city of Zurich for Capco and the Swiss Finance Institute.