Hello. My Name is Aden Davies and as of the 7th of December 2015 I am unemployed for the first time in my adult life.
I would like that situation to be as temporary as possible. That being said I also want to take some time to learn and try a few new things.
For the last 17 years I have been employed by HSBC. The last seven and a half of those years have been spent working in the Innovation function. That entailed research in to new technologies and trends, proof of concepts, technical and strategic consultancy, a bit of teaching, secondments into multiple areas of the bank and lots of trying to connect people and ideas inside a massive global organisation. Most recently I have been working on API strategy and researching digital identity.
I would like to do something similar again. Maybe with a bit more freedom to experiment, a bit more autonomy and more chances to improve things for customers/users/people.
To help me prepare for my next role I am looking for
- Contacts & introductions
- Advice & guidance
- Feel free to pick my brain (I know a bit about banking, fintech, innovation, collaboration, social technologies, linking ideas and people in massive global organisations etc. etc.)
- Training recommendations – Looking to sharpen my skills around strategic thinking, service design and maybe some softer skills
- Invite me to speak at your conference on a panel or even a deliver a presentation or your workshop to wave my arms about and provide some reckons / keen insights.
- I like to write. I would like to write much more.
But ultimately I am looking to start the next stage of my career and I am looking for a long term role. Ideally in the realms of digital transformation/innovation/strategy. If you have anything to offer or can help in any way then please get in touch.
The loose web of connections from the web, mainly from Twitter, have made the last several years brilliant and I have learnt a hell of a lot. I am hoping those connections can help me find some things to make the next several years even better. If you can help me with my search in any way that would be fantastic e.g.
- Share my requests for help e.g. this post, wildly on the web
- Tell your colleagues and contacts about me if you think I would be a good fit for a role
- Let me take you for a coffee/glass of wine to chat about the future and stuff
- Offer me an interesting job
You can find out much more about me at these places.
- Linked In http://www.linkedin.com/in/adendavies
- Slideshare http://www.slideshare.net/aden_76
- Twitter @aden_76
- Instagram http://instagram.com/aden_76
- Delicious https://delicious.com/aden_76
- Email aden dot davies at gmail dot com.
UPDATE: This is how my search for an ‘Aden shaped role’ is going
UPDATE 2: Still searching
Leave a Reply